Thursday, August 11, 2016

Recap needed

Of late, I have been in a warp that I never thought that I would see with business as run sanely. To see the particulars, see the lone post in June and July of this year in this blog. Yes, indeed. Caught in a vicious cycle of phone passing back and forth.

At times, it seemed to be strategic which was depressing. How did the business sense stoop so low? Well, consumerism might be a factor. So many people, so complicated trying to handle so much flow of stuff, and then the inevitable issues related to bad quality.

Except that I had not experienced inferior quality from the company, at least, not in the few transactions that I had taken. Rather, it was a choice of not wanting something. Could not tell until I had the thing in hand.

However, these was one quality concern, albeit not of significance because the things was cheap. So, you get what you pay for.

Cheap? Yes, less than $500. Now, that little bit, compared to the billions of those at top, is like a wart. But, to real folks, that does represent something. Too, though, one ought to get some type of response to a query.

But, then, too, talking to oodles of people per day can get tiring and tedious, I would suppose. Too, those who are answering the phone may not have the full picture. So, they have to assume.

That was why I was told many times that I was the problem. Yes. As I mentioned in the June post, someone told me to listen up, and they would explain. But, it was simple algebra being mangled. Oh well. That was rectified, but it was by going to Uncle Sam.

This time I went, on advice, to the Better Business Bureau. Ah, I feel for those folks. This one firm had 5K complaints in the last 3 years. BBB is not set up for that. Other firms, of the same nature, had 1000s of complaints. What? These companies owe BBB some money and respect.

Well, perhaps there may be acceptance, as the issue was resolved within a week. In fact, I heard back the next day. But, and I can give details, the guy that called was a jerk. Saying, listen up. Again. So, I let him ramble. They had a poor excuse. One wonders how often that has been used.

Well, BBB does have data. It might be worth studying if it were not too damned depressing. 1000s of complaints. Kudos to you, BBB.

In some sense, the problem came from a complicated system getting people confused. Well, we might expect that. And, according to some foreseers, that type of thing will become even worse. But, some of this just might be to only let those who persist get their proper completion. Otherwise, the expectation may be to have people give up.

How is this type of thing accounted for? Does the reward stay with the contractor who is doing the deed for the business?

As the young folks say, just saying. It's not my world.

Remarks: Modified: 08/11/2016

08/11/2016 --

No comments: